Advanced syslog parser is dead... long live to Log Analyzer

Does anybody know if there is a way to represent data with Log Analyzer as it was done by the syslog advanced parser widget ?

Since our upgrade the networking team is still complaining about the missing widget they used to have... Any suggestions welcome.

Parents
  • A Log Summary dashboard, along with updated Node Details resources is something we are currently working on. I'll second Marc's comment above - if you could provide some screenshots of what you'd like to achieve it'd be great. Equally, if you'd like to set up a quick call to discuss further, just let me know.

• Syslog and Trap widgets on nodes details page are not working after upgrading to OLV. Below are the names of widgets.

- Node Related XX Syslog Messages

- Last XX Syslog Messages

- Last XX Trap Messages

Does Solarwinds team have a plan to modify these widgets to use new log database?

• Yes, we do intend to create some new out of the box widgets based on the new tables... In the meantime you can use a custom query widget and the example query below on your node details page. (stolen from wesleykparker​ in another thread)

SELECT TOP 100 -- Edit this number for how many messages you want to load to widget (you can modify the widget for how many messages to page)

let.Name AS [Message Type]

,Level AS [Severity]

,TOLOCAL(DateTime) AS [Log Time]

,SUBSTRING(Message,1,100) AS Message -- Edit the last number for how many characters of the message you want to see

,CONCAT('YOURORIONURLHERE','/ui/orionlog/logviewer/now/1hours/',${NodeID},'/syslog') AS _linkfor_Message --Replace YOURORIONURLHERE with the address ex:  'https://orion.abc.com'

FROM Orion.OLM.LogEntry le

JOIN Orion.OLM.LogEntryType let ON le.LogEntryTypeID = let.LogEntryTypeID

WHERE NodeID = '${NodeID}'

--AND le.Message LIKE '%${SEARCH_STRING}%' -- Remove The -- From beginning for the "Search SWQL Query" Box

ORDER BY DATETIME DESC

• I actually happened to be loading up my custom widgets for this use case into a client environment when I noticed this thread got updated.  This is the SWQL I use, a little bit less leg work for the end user and it attempts to clean up some of what makes traps super ugly

SELECT MessageDateTime

, let.Name as Type

,substring(Message,1,charindex('sysuptime',message)-2) as Message

, '/ui/orionlog/logviewer/now/24hours/${nodeid}/'+let.Name as [_linkfor_Message]

FROM Orion.OLM.LogEntry le

join orion.olm.logentrytype let on let.logentrytypeid=le.logentrytypeid

join orion.olm.MessageSources ms on ms.MessageSourceID = le.MessageSourceID

where le.nodeid=${nodeid}

and messagedatetime > addday(-1, getdate())

--and message like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%'

order by MessageDateTime desc

• When?  its been months since you posted this and still nothing....  LA is terrible

Reply Children
No Data