The latest version of Log Analyzer 2020.2 is now available in your customer portal.
This is a fully tested and supported version of the product and you can upgrade current production servers, while retaining your complete configuration and history.
If you're looking for release notes and other supporting documentation, please click the links below:
LA 2020.2 release notes
LA 2020.2 system requirements
Orion Platform 2020.2 release notes
Orion Platform 2020.2 release summary
What's new? A much anticipated new log source, flat log files! Now you can ingest and visualize data from flat application log files right alongside your other crucial log data when troubleshooting and monitoring your Orion nodes. In addition to the new feature we also invested in some improvements to the performance and responsiveness of the UI when dealing with larger data sets so there will be less waiting for results when working in the log viewer.
How does it work? Flat log file ingestion is accomplished using the same Orion agent that you were already using to collect Windows Events from nodes in Orion. (This initial version only supports Windows nodes)
How do I get started? Simply create a profile and assign it to an agent based node... In the Orion console, go to Settings -> All Settings -> Product Specific Settings -> Log and Event Settings and then select "Profiles" and click "Create" to start a profile that defines the attributes of the log file(s) you want to collect and the agent based nodes you want the profile to apply to.
New Orion Platform Features
With this latest version we have added some fantastic new updates & enhancements to the Orion Platform which include:
- Monitor up to 1,000,000 elements per Orion Platform instance.
- For SAM components the limit is increased to be 550,000 components per SAM installation.
- An Orion Map to Success! - Orion Maps improvements, such as creating and customizing text boxes, labels, or layouts, incorporating custom icons, adding shapes, dynamic backgrounds, bulk administration and all new Time Travel.
- Performance enhancements
- Dashboards, Dashboards, Get Your Dashboards! All New Custom Summary Dashboards
- A Gateway To Your Fastest Upgrade Ever! - Upgrade improvements, such as pre-staging upgrades, upgrade plan reports, automating upgrades via Orion SDK
- Enhanced volume status
- 3rd Party Language Pack Support - scripts to extract UI texts from the Orion Web Console
Your Feedback Counts!
I'm incredibly interested in your feedback! Your feedback shapes our products. Post your thoughts, questions and concerns into the LA forum and the LA team will be watching for input to make the product better and better. In addition, if you come up with a brand new feature idea that we should consider for a future version, the best place to capture those ideas would be Log Analyzer Feature Requests and as you can see from our What We’re Working on for Log Analyzer page, we take those inputs very seriously.