This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMP + CISCO ASA 5508-X

I am trying to forward snmp messages to my 9.7 server. I think I did it correctly but how do I make sure they are being received? I can see the syslog messages in the console and the web access. How do I see the snmp messages?

Thanks,

Vint 

Parents
  • Be sure that you have your device set to forward SNMP traps. Kiwi doesn't receive SNMP messages (port 161), only SNMP Trap messages (port 162)

Also check that you have Kiwi configured to receive snmp traps and the port matches what your device is sending - this wasn't on by default for us.

Note from the docs - don't use traps for change notifications :)

• Be sure that you have your device set to forward SNMP traps. Kiwi doesn't receive SNMP messages (port 161), only SNMP Trap messages (port 162)

Also check that you have Kiwi configured to receive snmp traps and the port matches what your device is sending - this wasn't on by default for us.

Note from the docs - don't use traps for change notifications :)

Children
No Data