What We're Working On for Kiwi Syslog - Updated Jan 10th 2020

To receive updates on the Kiwi Syslog roadmap, JOIN thwack and BOOKMARK this page.

• Improved scale logging to SQL databases
  • Log forwarding to Loggly
  • Performance & Usability Enhancements
  • Windows Server 2019 Support

Top Replies

Parents
  • The scenario you describe is actually addressed by our Log Analyzer tool. It is an Orion module which offers tight integration with modules such as NPM, however it allows you to store your log data in a separate SQL database from Orion to alleviate the burden on the Orion database and allow for improved scale for log data. There is also a version of this tool called Orion Log Viewer which includes a subset of features but included with NPM. As you mentioned above, it allows you to leverage Orion alerting for syslog/traps and is also integrated with PerfStack.

We have several Log Analyzer customers who also use Kiwi to act a filtration layer before those logs hit Orion. You can capture everything with Kiwi and setup forwarding rules to only pass important logs onto Orion.

Hope that's a step in the right direction for you, I'd certainly encourage you to check out Log Analyzer. Any questions let me know.

• The scenario you describe is actually addressed by our Log Analyzer tool. It is an Orion module which offers tight integration with modules such as NPM, however it allows you to store your log data in a separate SQL database from Orion to alleviate the burden on the Orion database and allow for improved scale for log data. There is also a version of this tool called Orion Log Viewer which includes a subset of features but included with NPM. As you mentioned above, it allows you to leverage Orion alerting for syslog/traps and is also integrated with PerfStack.

We have several Log Analyzer customers who also use Kiwi to act a filtration layer before those logs hit Orion. You can capture everything with Kiwi and setup forwarding rules to only pass important logs onto Orion.

Hope that's a step in the right direction for you, I'd certainly encourage you to check out Log Analyzer. Any questions let me know.

Children
No Data