This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Setting Up Ubiquiti to send SNMP Traps to Kiwi

Hey All,

Issue:

Kiwi server not receiving SNMP traps.

Description:

Having some issue getting Kiwi to communicate to Ubiquiti using SNMP. I have a USG Pro 4 Firewall along with 2 UAP-AC-Pro access points. These devices are managed via the Ubiquiti Unifi Controller. There is an option to enable SNMP inside the Unifi controller. I have enabled this option using the v1 and the community string "public". One thing I noticed in the Unifi controller is that there is no option to point the controller to the syslog/trap server IP address. Normally I see this option in most devices such as Cisco ASA's or Fortigate's. so this issue could very well be that I need to find out how this get's enabled on the Ubiquiti side of things.

That being said I can confirm the Kiwi server is receiving traps as I am able to send SNMP traps using a 3rd party application. This was to just test that the Kiwi server is actually listening.

Does anyone have any suggestions here or suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? I'm thinking that somehow I need to find out where the configuration changes need to be made in order to send SNMP traps to Kiwi IP address.

Thanks - Robert