This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Kiwi Syslog Won't start

2020-02-19 09:21:04      Service Version =9.6.7.21 | Error Number: -2146233087 | Description: Could not bind server socket: The requested address is not valid in its context | Module Name: Syslogd.frm | Procedure Name: InitialiseSockets | Line Number: 150 | Date and time: 2/19/2020 9:21:04 AM

Its running on Server 2019 which I found out isnt officially supported, yet I want to troubleshoot it out and see if I can get it working.

Basically I'm trying to capture SMDR log data from Avaya phone system for reporting.

I think I have it setup correctly.

Parents
  • You can also go into Setup, and then Inputs.  Click on UDP, and deselect Listen for UDP Syslog messages.  Next try to start the service.  If is starts, I would get a Wireshark capture and check the volume of syslog messages coming in.

• You can also go into Setup, and then Inputs.  Click on UDP, and deselect Listen for UDP Syslog messages.  Next try to start the service.  If is starts, I would get a Wireshark capture and check the volume of syslog messages coming in.

Children
  • I am on windows 10 Pro with all updates, version 21H1 build 19043.1151

I confirm nothing else on port 514 by running 'netstat -ano'. 

The problem is this message is reported on startup, so you can't get into the setup menu.

THE FOLLOWING INTERNAL PROGRAM ERROR HAS OCCURRED:

Standard Version = 9.7.2.1
    Error Number: -2146233087
    Description: Could not bind server socket: The requested address is not valid in its context
    Module Name: Syslogd.frm
    Procedure Name: InitialiseSockets
    Line Number: 150

error log has this init:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syslogd\Errorlog.txt"

2021-08-08 14:13:32 *** INTERNAL PROGRAM ERROR - Please contact www.kiwisyslog.com/.../ ***
    2021-08-08 14:13:32 Standard Version = 9.7.2.1 | Error Number: -2146233087 | Description: Could not bind server socket: The requested address is not valid in its context | Module Name: Syslogd.frm | Procedure Name: InitialiseSockets | Line Number: 150 | Date and time: 8/8/2021 2:13:32 PM