This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to open old log files with Syslog Web Access?

I have logs saved to separate files every day.  At the end of the quarter, I will need to look thru the logs to collect statistics for the report.

Is there a way for me to use Syslog Web Access to look thru the old log files and filter out information that I need?

I am using Syslog v9.5

• The Kiwi Syslog web access does not read files that are logged to text.  It reads from a SQL Compact database.

• Do you know where the database is saved at?  I need to know the path/location so I can move it to a bigger drive.

• The default path on a 64 bit system is C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data.  Please note that to change the path, you will want to uninstall the Kiwi Syslog Web Access, move this folder to a similar path on another drive, and then install to that path.  You can run just the web installer from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Syslogd\Setup folder.  During the install, you will need to change 2 paths from the default.

• For those who need to know the details:

I have bkyle walked me thru the uninstall and reinstall steps for Web Access to change the location of the database file.

1. Backup the Event*.sdf file
    2. Uninstall the Kiwi Syslog Web Access  (When you uninstall, the user account and filters created will be lost)
    3. Uninstall all the SQL Compact Server
    4. Reinstall the Kiwi Syslog Web Access using the .exe file in Setup folder:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Syslogd\Setup          (where the Console Manager is installed, I have it on D: instead of C:)

1. When it asks for Installation Folder and Web Root Folder locations, they have to be consistent (Example: Installation Folder on D:, Web Root Folder has to point /html folder inside the “Installation Folder” location).  These are the 2 paths that bkyle mentioned above.  You'll see these on 2 screens during the installation wizard
    2. Stop the Kiwi Syslog Service
    3. Stop the UltiDev Web Server Pro service
    4. Copy back in the backup .sdf file (from step #1) to “Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Kiwi Syslog Web Access\html\App_Data”     (where Installation Folder location is)
    5. Restart the Kiwi Syslog Service and UltiDev service
    6. Launch the  Web Access