This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Administrator Password Missed; Other way to login

Hi,

I have recently been handed over Kiwi Syslog server to manage which has both Fat Client and Web Server. Fat Client is directly logged in however Web console could not be logged in. When I checked regarding the password of "Administrator", I have been informed that resource handling it has left long ago and there is no one to tell.

Is there a way we can reset the password of Administrator or create a new user from Syslog Fat Client. I cant raise the request with Support as we do not have active maintanence.

Thanks,

Syed

• We have an option to reset password only after logging into web access. From Kiwi Syslog Server Console we don’t have option to change password of administrator.

Here is the workaround.

Re-install web access from the application folder(Run the Kiwi web access setup file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Syslogd\Setup) and set the username and password.

• Hi bshopp,

Thanks for the response, will that have any impact on existing rules on server console. Is that same as "Config Wizard" run on NPM

Thanks in Advance