This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Failed to receive 'Running configuration' line in device config file

We have recently added new HP 6000+ Switches to our network. Setting up the back up for the new Switch using SSH2, gets logged in but then gets  the error above trying to get the running config from the switch. I know these switches have recently changed their OS to more closely mimic Cisco, but I can't see the reason for this error.

UphSW1 Brick Core    Login to UphSW1 Brick Core was successfulUphSW1 Brick Core 

DeviceHostnameID: UPHSW1

UphSW1 Brick Core    Waiting for an echo of enable command

UphSW1 Brick Core    Waiting for enter enable password prompt

UphSW1 Brick Core    Already in enable mode, or no password was set.
   UphSW1 Brick Core    Waiting for an echo of no page command

UphSW1 Brick Core    Waiting for an echo of show running command
   UphSW1 Brick Core    Waiting for configuration data

UphSW1 Brick Core    Failed to receive 'Running configuration' line in device config file
 UphSW1 Brick Core    Backup Running Config results: Failed to receive 'Running configuration' line in device config file

Parents Reply
  • Sh run is the command. I think I've narrowed down the issue. I believe the problem is the back up script is looking for the words Running Configuration: and the newer switches actually display Current Configuration:. I just can't seem to figure out how to change or update it for those newer switches.

Children