This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue backing up Nexus 5000

Hi all,

I'm implementing Cattools for a client to show the value in it (so they'll buy it).

I can't get it to log into their Nexus 5010 switches (2).

No matter what i do, the authentication ALWAYS fails, however i can log into the switches using putty with the same cred's.

Any ideas? Here are some debug's:

Parents
  • Hi chris_R,

The error you are seeing above however relates to the device login (post establishing the SSH connection) failing because the AAA Username specified is incorrect.  

I can see you are connecting over SSH to the device from the log above, however can you verify whether only SSH credentials are required when connecting using PuTTY, or are you required to also log into the device itself post the SSH connection?

If the device does not need local login, then ensure that the 'AAA Username' and 'AAA Password' fields in CatTools for the device setup are cleared of any data (highlight whole field and press Delete).

If local login is also required, then I'd recommend re-entering the device local login credentials (which may well be different from the SSH credentials) in the 'AAA Username' and 'AAA Password' fields in case the incorrect ones have been entered (or a typo been made).

Regards,

Steve

• Hi chris_R,

The error you are seeing above however relates to the device login (post establishing the SSH connection) failing because the AAA Username specified is incorrect.  

I can see you are connecting over SSH to the device from the log above, however can you verify whether only SSH credentials are required when connecting using PuTTY, or are you required to also log into the device itself post the SSH connection?

If the device does not need local login, then ensure that the 'AAA Username' and 'AAA Password' fields in CatTools for the device setup are cleared of any data (highlight whole field and press Delete).

If local login is also required, then I'd recommend re-entering the device local login credentials (which may well be different from the SSH credentials) in the 'AAA Username' and 'AAA Password' fields in case the incorrect ones have been entered (or a typo been made).

Regards,

Steve

Children
No Data