We would like to see an API added to IPMonitor to allow for items like the following to better support integration with other systems and/or automation of tasks.
- Create Monitor(s) - New device is added to the network, we want to make sure a specific set of Monitors are created for it. The current automated discovery and add function does not permit this to occur as desired. With the API we can also have the tasks automated through a central system that will report that the tasks is completed as desired and thus would not have to be a manual task like it is today.
- Suspend Monitor(s) -- This is helpful when a system is automatically completing maintenance like Backups, Updates, and etc. Currently we have to either manually put the device is suspend or have it on a scheduled tasks that puts it in suspend even if no maintenance is occurring. With an API we could have the system place the monitor(s) in suspend while the work is being completed.
- Disable Monitor(s) -- Can be setup as part of an automated Decommissioning process.
- Change Multiple Monitor Settings (ex. Update the Required Free Space settings for multiple devices) -- This is helpful when a standard for our environment changes or if someone did not configure monitors the proper way (ex. DNS Name vs IP Address).
- Extract List of Monitors for a specific system(s) -- Would be used to ensure we have monitoring setup correctly for all systems and to report back via integrated systems to a client regarding what it being monitored.
- Extract List of a Specific Monitor Type (ex. Disk space, Memory, CPU, etc.) -- Would be used to ensure we have monitoring setup correctly for all systems
- Extract List of All Monitors -- Would be used to ensure we have monitoring setup correctly for all systems
Systems we would like to integrate with using this API are ServiceNow, VMware Automation, Ansible, and etc.