This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HOWTO: Monitor Drive Space of a Folder mount point?

Hi,

Do you have any solution for monitoring drivespace for a volume without a drive letter that is mounted as a folder? Eg D:\VOLUME1, D:\VOLUME2 etc etc.

It's an exchange cluster with about 64volumes on each server... I ran out of drive letters quite fast :)

Parents
  • When monitoring percentage of capacity, the Monitors we have are designed to look at drives or shares. With this type of linking, the OS is likely to give the incorrect drive statistics (off whatever physical volume D is).

We do have monitors that can scan the directory and alert on the amount of file space used, which can do the trick. You'll have to specify the value to alert in GB rather than "%-age". This might be acceptable depending on how many public folders & stores you have.

What do you think?

Edit/Note: If it is a beefy operation, you can elongate the polling interval for the Directory Monitor.

• I guess I could give it a try tomorrow. The best solution for us would probably be to try and get free space readings out of those volumes via snmp. Perhaps we can get this kind of info with snmp informant or similar.

Reply Children
No Data