This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ipmonitor too many alerts

In ipmonitor 10.5 I created a group then added 10 devices including servers, workstations, printers and firewall. I added the firewall ping as a dependency for that group. The firewall went down and I received a flood of alerts. I know there is something else I need to do inorder to accomplish this.  (http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/2238/__print) I did read the information in the kb but I was not sure about it. Currently I added all monitors to the group for all the devices under that group.

My question is should that be enough or do I need to change the Delays between tests while : up and Delays between tests while: warn to a lesser value (currently default at 300s) or make any other changes that will configure dependency correctly for that group 

Thank you for your help.