This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Multiple NIC and SNMP issues?

We are using ipMonitor 10 to monitor about 400 servers right now. We are moving forward with a new backup system that runs on a separate network. To make this work we are installing a secondary NIC in all of our systems. On my ipMonitor box after I installed the secondary NIC I started getting SNMP failures on most systems. So my question is, is this normal?

Setup:
NIC Team: internal network (default gateway set)
Secondary NIC: backup network  (no default gateway)

We are registering DNS for both as well. I'm trying to determine if the second NIC/network caused the issue or if it was something else. Using a SNMP test utility it would fail as well. I have since disabled the secondary NIC and things seem ok, but I did have to restart a great many systems' SNMP service before they came back online.

If it did cause the problem, is there a way to make ipMonitor only work via one of the connections? We aren't using Traps at all, just simple SNMP for things like drive space, CPU, etc.

Thanks!

Parents
  • We are experiencing the exact same situation after migrating ipMonitor 10.0.1 to a new server (W2k8R2).

What is strange is the the old server (W2003)had multiple IP addresses on a single NIC and SNMP worked without any issues.

THe issue appears whether we have mutiple ip addresses on a single NIC, or single addresses on multiple NICs.

• Hi Brachus - could you please open a support ticket on this? Since we have two problems that are the same, we want to make sure we track the diagnosis and solution. 

--Christine

Reply Children