This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Restrict a Monitor to a certain Time Window

Hi Everyone

I am trying to monitor a directory for the existance of a certain file.

I can do this by using the Directory Monitor and it works quite well. If the file does not exist, I get warned.

Here's the thing though.

The file is created around 6:30 in the morning by another process (export from an application)

2 hours later the file is then moved to another directory.

What I want is to monitor whether the export worked, and for this I would like the monitor to check at 6:30 if the file exists, and if not to send an alert.

Is it possible to restrict a monitor to only monitor during lets say 30 Minutes every day?

I know I can configure the alert to be only sent during that time by using the alert list's time window, but then the monitor still shows it's status as red during the rest of the time.

So it would be great if I could create the monitor but tell it to only monitor the resource from 6:30 to 7:00 and the rest of the time be suspended.

Thanks for your help

Parents Reply Children
No Data