Alert on IP Address on IPAM changed status

Hi everyone, I'd like to create an alert for a few (and very important) static IP addressess (not already nodes in NPM) whenever one or more of them change status after the scanning process by IPAM.

I've already searched for a query already posted here, but I've just found a SWQL Studio query to list the IPAM_Events (below for reference).

Do you have any suggestion?

****Query Found****
SELECT EventID, EventTime, EventType, UserName, Message, ObjectID1, ObjectID2, ObjectType, Acknowledged, ObjectURL
FROM IPAM.Event

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks!
    I tried using the advices listed on that thread, really helpful, but I'm finding an issue on how to send an alarm on a subnet different from a /24.

Let me explain better with the code I used:

WHERE ipaddress in (

SELECT a.IPAddress

FROM IPAM_IPHistoryReport a

INNER JOIN

(

SELECT

ipnodeid,

max(IPAM_IPHistoryReport.Time) as tt

from IPAM_IPHistoryReport

Group by ipnodeid

) b

on a.IPNodeId=b.IPNodeId

and

a.Time=b.tt

where a.FromValue='Used' and a.IntoValue='Transient')

and IPAddress like '10.20.30.%'

The above code alerts me on each single IP address within the /24 net, but if I'd like to be alerted also for a bigger/smaller net (e.g.: 10.20.30.0/26 or /22), it doesn't work.

This was my last line failed try: 

and (IPAddress like '10.20.30.%' OR IPAddress like '10.20.31.%')

Any advice?

• My SWQL Fu (or even SQL) is not strong but I think your final line needs to be:

and (IPAddress like '10.20.30.%') OR (IPAddress like '10.20.31.%')

• Thanks for your suggestion, the result didn't change: the 10.20.31.% net (not the 10.20.30.% net) triggers the alarm for each and every IP address. That's super odd to me.