This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scan Job status: "Subnets in Queue"

Is this "expected normal" operation of IPAM or if we start getting subnets in queue is it indicative of polling getting a bit behind or something?  

We have a consistent list of "number of" subnets in queue (about 70), though the subnets themselves are getting scanned eventually (meaning: the subnets in queue aren't always the same, as if stuck in queue). The "Polling engine" page -> Polling rate is 0%,of its maximum rate and the other polling engine stats look ok.  I don't know why IPAM will not "ramp up" to at least clear out the queue as the CPU and memory on the server are not taxed at all. It appears IPAM will only run like 4-5 scan jobs at once...which seems odd if its actually queueing.

Parents
  • What you are describing makes sense.  However, if IPAM would continue to process scan if the server is not taxed, I would think APE will no longer be needed.

I remember a time wherein a user can control how many scan IPAM can run at a time.  However, in between versions, this was removed.

• What you are describing makes sense.  However, if IPAM would continue to process scan if the server is not taxed, I would think APE will no longer be needed.

I remember a time wherein a user can control how many scan IPAM can run at a time.  However, in between versions, this was removed.

Children
No Data