This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IP address conflicts not work ( install IPAM only not used UDT)

I install IPAM only set the alert IP address conflict, remote change same IP address 2 VM and enable neighbor scanning to see arp table but not see IP address conflict and I check on switch show arp I see 1 MAC table.

Parents Reply
  • that means the polling is not being able to catch the MAC address change.  When the polling happens, the arp table should catch both of them having the same IP.

What happens when you actually check the IP Address Details?  It is only listing one MAC?  did you check the MAC address History of the said IP?  Is it showing both MAC address?

Children
  • At one point in time, the switch saves the only MAC address that replies.

I test 2 Orion ipam+udt show ip conflict but ipam only not show ip conflict. 

Both server settings are the same.

IPAM only

IPAM + UDT

• Ok.  It seems what you are looking at is SNMP neighbor vs. SNMP neighbor.  That is actually not listed on the IP Address conflict scenario.  My take here is that the IPs are getting conflicts but since you are only getting it from one source which is SNMP neighbor, it is not being detected.  You might want to send this over to support for further verification.