This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DNS and DHCP Monitoring - What permissions are required for the connection account?

We monitor our Domain Controllers and Active Directory with an Agent. I do not have an account with Domain Admin access, or any access at all to our domain controllers. I want to get our DNS and DHCP servers added for monitoring in IPAM. I see it requires an account for this and I cannot leverage the agent.

I will need to submit a request to get a service account added to the domain controllers with the proper access for this monitoring. They will not make my service account a domain admin. Could someone tell me what permission or AD security group the account could be added to that would grant the required level of permission for DNS and DHCP scanning and monitoring?