Welcome to the 2020.2 IP Address Manager!
It is my pleasure to announce that the IPAM 2020.2 is now available in your customer portal.
Version 2020.2 is the next release following IPAM 2019.4 and is compatible with Orion Platform 2020.2
Release notes and system requirements for IPAM 2020.2 and related Orion releases can be found on this release summary.
The focus of this release was user-ability and functionality. IPAM, as many of you have told us, was feeling dated and the workflows needed some UX upgrades. During the sessions with customers and while reading your comments the development team was able to accomplish the new UI WITH backwards compatibility, for IE users!
Take a spin on the Orion Live Demo to see it now!
Improved DHCP & DNS Management Pages
- workflows and tab creation for cleaner lines
Dynamic filtering to find resources faster
- Full-text searching
Improved workflows to streamline key tasks
- Move from DNS servers to DNS zones with just a click of the mouse!
Watch how the new workflows, searching, and user-ability have come together:
Built on Orion's newest UX framework
If you're using Internet Explorer still we allow you to toggle the new UI for backwards compatibility. This is found under "All Settings>IPAM Settings>Systems Settings
IPAM IP Group Integration with NTA!
Both the IPAM module and NTA have facilities to create and work with IP groups – that is, collections of endpoints, or subnets that reference groups of endpoints. One common requirement is to characterize the traffic that’s generated or received by an IP group.
With the IPAM RC, comes some fantastic new updates & enhancements to the Orion Platform which include... Go here to view and learn more!!
Platform Enhancements, say WHAT??
- Monitor up to 1,000,000 elements per Orion Platform instance.
- An Orion Map to Success! - Orion Maps improvements, such as creating and customizing text boxes, labels, or layouts, incorporating custom icons, adding shapes, dynamic backgrounds, bulk administration and all-new Time Travel.
- Performance Enhancements
- Dashboards, Dashboards, Get Your Dashboards! All New Custom Summary Dashboards
- A Gateway To Your Fastest Upgrade Ever! - Upgrade improvements, such as pre-staging upgrades, upgrade plan reports, automating upgrades via Orion SDK.
- Enhanced volume status.
- 3rd Party Language Pack Support - scripts to extract UI texts from the Orion Web Console.
Watch the forum for updates, even if you're not able to install now. The product team will continue to release new documents detailing our deep dives of the mentioned features. If there's one you're particularly interested in, mention it in the comments!
Looking for what we'll be working on next? Don't see something you really need? Advocate for the features you want in IPAM Feature Requests.