This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bulk Import - Supernets

Hi,

I'm currently trying to do a bulk import of approx 400 supernets, which will each contain two subnets.

From what i understand (from Michal H's last post at http://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/49316) IPAM v3.0 has a structured import option that should allow me to do this. I cannot find any documentation on how to format a spreadsheet to import supernets.

I've tried doing an export of a supernet with nested supernets and subnets, and it appears to create a seperate CSV for each subnet it can find under that supernet. The children supernets themselves are pretty much ignored.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Luke

Parents
  • Right in the middle of doing this now and it's not problematic yet.

1. Go to your Settings:IPAM Settings: Import IP Addresses from a file and the first screen should provide you links to example spreadsheets - one with supernet and enclosed subnet.

Or navigate to /Orion/IPAM/res/samples/structure.xls

2. I found adding Disable Auto Scanning column helpful and still troubleshooting Transient Period column as 240 is turning into 2.77777777777778E-10

3. Add your own data and possibly remove URL Custom and Custom columns or add your own custom ones then save.

4. Backup your database.

5. Go back to the import window and browse to your file and choose this File includes: Groups/Supernets/Subnets.

6. Choose your field mapping, and keep the default of "IPAM will automatically create subnet hierarchy" so it nests your subnets into the supernets

7. I do find that this will leave empty imported subnet folders around that you need to delete - not sure the workaround other then not selecting the above.

• Right in the middle of doing this now and it's not problematic yet.

1. Go to your Settings:IPAM Settings: Import IP Addresses from a file and the first screen should provide you links to example spreadsheets - one with supernet and enclosed subnet.

Or navigate to /Orion/IPAM/res/samples/structure.xls

2. I found adding Disable Auto Scanning column helpful and still troubleshooting Transient Period column as 240 is turning into 2.77777777777778E-10

3. Add your own data and possibly remove URL Custom and Custom columns or add your own custom ones then save.

4. Backup your database.

5. Go back to the import window and browse to your file and choose this File includes: Groups/Supernets/Subnets.

6. Choose your field mapping, and keep the default of "IPAM will automatically create subnet hierarchy" so it nests your subnets into the supernets

7. I do find that this will leave empty imported subnet folders around that you need to delete - not sure the workaround other then not selecting the above.

Children
No Data