This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Search Issue

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SolarWinds.Common.Net.IPHelper' from assembly 'SolarWinds.Common, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.Web.Common.PageSearchManager.ForwardOnSubnetInSearchString()
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.Web.Common.PageSearchManager.OnPreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)
   at SolarWinds.IPAM.Web.Common.CommonPageServices.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Parents
  • Hi Scott.

This sometimes happens when we have a missing file, or "dll hell". Essentially two versions of the same binary resource fighting for supremacy.

What version of Orion is it?

Next, I'd like to have you redo the "website" portion of our product. To do that, follow these steps.

1. Click Start Menu > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Configuration and Auto-Discovery > Configuration Wizard
    2. Put a checkbox in Website
    3. Click Next
    4. Bring up the search page within IPAM.
  • I am running 9.1 SP5.  I just ran the config manager on the web portion and am still receiving the same error.

Reply Children
  • Scott and I are working on this one offline.

We found that "solarwinds.common.dll" in wwwroot\bin has been overwritten with an unexpected version. Thus far, we've got a workaround:

copy c:\program files\solarwinds\orion\ipam\solarwinds.common.dll
    to c:\inetpub\solarwinds\bin
    next restart IIS & Search in IPAM.