This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reinstall IPAM to recover information still in Database

Hello Community,

We recently uninstalled IPAM software because we migrated the license to another server but we forgot to export several groups of IP subnets. I noticed that the information is in the database. If we install IPAM software again, can i see this information on the software again?

Regards

Parents
  • Sounds feasible, I would back the DB (just in case), then make sure that you get the same version of IPAM that was installed previously, then install fresh IPAM server and when you get to the config wizard, point it at the old IPAM DB (with suitable user creds).

Once its up you'll have 30-60 days to extract the data you want and then re-import into your new IPAM instance.

• Sounds feasible, I would back the DB (just in case), then make sure that you get the same version of IPAM that was installed previously, then install fresh IPAM server and when you get to the config wizard, point it at the old IPAM DB (with suitable user creds).

Once its up you'll have 30-60 days to extract the data you want and then re-import into your new IPAM instance.

Children