This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM Roles and Permissions

I am working on creating group accounts.  One group needs access to add/delete subnets and initiate scans, but not have access to manage DHCP/DNS.  I don't see any way to do that. Is there a way to do this?

Parents
  • Same problem here. It would be nice to delegate permissions for DHCP & DNS seperately from IP management. As a dirty workaround, you can set the role of the group to operator so that they are able to manage DHCP reservations only. Then, in the settings, you can customize your menu bars (may add a new one you can assign to the group in the group edit mode) and delete the DHCP & DNS Management item from it. Now they are able to manage reservations, but are not able to see the menu bar to do so.

• Thanks for the suggestion!  That would get me part of the way there at least.

• may I know if you guys used the Custom setting to provide your users with Power Users or directly from outside?

We've got multi tenant environment where we are required to restrict specific subnets to be managed by users within various security groups. however when we apply these permissions through the "Custom" and provide those groups with Power user they are still unable to perform scans or even import\export.

• Did anyone ever find out how to assign granular permissions to give import / export to a person without giving them admin?   I tried power user and that didn't work either.

Reply Children
No Data