This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

MAC address table

We had a home-grown php page that was linked to the arp table in each of our facility Cisco 1841 routers.

I have started to create reports in NCM for arp tables for each of our facilities.   The problem is that it is time consuming and, if I am correct, doesn't get updated unless I run an inventory.

I have all of our subnets in IPAM.   150 facilities and another 20 subnets for servers at our corporate office.

The only MAC's that show up are those of SNMP devices.  Can any one tell me why IP's for computers do not show the MAC's?

DHCP is handed out by our Cisco's at the facilities and by a fedora box I built at corporate for 4 floors. 

The servers have VE's with helper-addresses on our Foundry L3 switches.

Thanks

Parents
  • So for this question:

The only MAC's that show up are those of SNMP devices.  Can any one tell me why IP's for computers do not show the MAC's?

Do those PC's/Server have SNMP enabled and configured?  Via scan we get the MAC Addr via SNMP. 

With the release of IPAM 1.5, we added MSFT DHCP Server integration, which also allows us to pull MAC Addr info.  For your environment you use Cisco for DHCP, which was second if my poll I did regarding DHCP Server usage and something we have as an open enhancement to also add for DHCP integration.

• So for this question:

Do those PC's/Server have SNMP enabled and configured?  Via scan we get the MAC Addr via SNMP. 

With the release of IPAM 1.5, we added MSFT DHCP Server integration, which also allows us to pull MAC Addr info.  For your environment you use Cisco for DHCP, which was second if my poll I did regarding DHCP Server usage and something we have as an open enhancement to also add for DHCP integration.

Children