This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Subnet scan dumps System Names

I succesfully imported a spreadsheet with one /24 subnet (worked well).  System names were visible.  A few minutes later, they were gone. 

To test, I imported another subnet, again system names populated, and again they vanished. 

I imported the second subnet again, it repopulated the system names and they remained. I had disabled automatic scanning for this second subnet. 

After kicking off a manual scan for the second subnet, the system names are missing. 

Parents
  • Andrew,

In v1.0 of IPAM, the scanning engine wants to own the sys* settings (sysName, sysDescr, etc). If we're not getting values back from the devices, they go blank. We can turn that off, but it'll turn off scanning for each individual IP.

A better way is to create a custom field (from IPAM Settings) and when doing your import, set the column name to the custom field.

• Andrew,

In v1.0 of IPAM, the scanning engine wants to own the sys* settings (sysName, sysDescr, etc). If we're not getting values back from the devices, they go blank. We can turn that off, but it'll turn off scanning for each individual IP.

A better way is to create a custom field (from IPAM Settings) and when doing your import, set the column name to the custom field.

Children