This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM manual scans not starting

Hi

I have an issue with my IPAM 4.8.0 utilizing the additional scanning engine feature, as my primary engine is used for other workloads.

When I try to initiate a manual scan of a subnet, the scan is not started, but queued with a start time of the original scheduled scanning.

Scheduled scans are working fine.

Please see attached screenshot for clarification.

Capture.PNG

How to fix?

• I have found that in some environments where we upgraded from versions without that feature to the ones that had it I would have to edit the subnet and specify the engineid to use for polling.  Since the value didn't exist or wasn't used in older versions it was NULL for all my subnets and jobs weren't running.

pastedImage_0.png

• Hi

Thank you for your reply, but we already went through the exercise of applying the secondary poller to all subnets, as we also faced the issue of stalled scans, when no poller was defined.

As I mentioned, we have the scheduled scans running fine now, but when I try to initiate a manual scan, that I would expect should start immediately, it doesn't.

This morning I tried defining the Primary poller  for the subnet, and request a new manual scan, but the same happens, the job is added to the task list, but being held back, until a later time.

Capture.PNG

Funny thing is, the 18:20 time the job is scheduled for, was exactly the same as yesterday....

• We have alot of subnet scan issue on IPAM 4.8 version, highly suggest to upgrade it to the latest version IPAM 2019.4 it's very stable.

If the same issue, open a case to support so they can check the logs.