This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

2 questions. 1) Is Solarwinds Observability 2022.3 (from windows control panel) equal to Solarwinds HCO 2022.3? 2) Is it possible to remove the installed DPAIM, VNQM, Cloud Monitoring, IPAM, SRM, SCM that I wasn't licensed for but got installed?

For #2 I got the extra stuff installed because I left all the checkboxes selected during the upgrade. I get that it  make it easy to trial more stuff, but it makes my installation more complex - ie. I had to configure a couple new databases - log and netflow.  I only have a simple SAM + VMAN installation.  

As a side note, the upgraded Solarwinds fixed an issue I had with a manual/remote agent (exception stops/uninstalls the agent) which was a good thing for me.

Parents
  • FYI.  I just opened a ticket regarding this (#01186162).

• I got 2 different responses from support last night.  Since I didn't see an easy way to uninstall individual products in control panel I tried a repair of Solarwinds Observability product and it did at one point show the checkboxes again so I could (in theory) remove a bunch a plugins but I chickened out and left them all checked.  Anyways...

Earlier response 10/3/2022 6:30pm Hawaii time (which looks like the usual precautions and options)

If you are going to uninstall just a few modules, you can safely do it by just going to your Control Panel's remove program. Once the uninstall is complete, you will need to run the Configuration Wizard (it should run automatically). Running the configuration wizard will let the database know that a product has been uninstalled and will remove unneccessarry data and dependecies on the tables of the database.
    Note : Before starting any work on your environment, please ensure that you have a recent backup of your Orion server and database. More information here.
    The pollers are also affectedd if you uninstall a module on the Main Poller, you need to run the APE installer again (Settings>All Settings>Polling Engines should give you a link for this installer) and run the Configuration Wizard as well on the APEs.
    Also to remove the licenses , you may check Remove expired Orion product evaluation from License Manager (solarwinds.com)
    Please note that we do not provide standby support, pre-flight check, or assisted upgrades on a remote session. See working with support article here.

Later support response 10/4/2022 3:46 am Hawaii time (much different)

Regarding the removal of unlicensed products, starting in SolarWinds Observability, you can no longer remove an unlicensed product that is installed together with the Observability installer. For example, VMAN and IPAM are included in the installer so you won't see them under Programs and Features.
    Virtualization Manager 2022.3 Release Notes (solarwinds.com)
    SolarWinds Platform 2022.3 Release Notes
    This way, you can easily test out other modules by activating an evaluation license.

I'm probably going to leave my Solarwinds Observability alone for the time being... 

• I got 2 different responses from support last night.  Since I didn't see an easy way to uninstall individual products in control panel I tried a repair of Solarwinds Observability product and it did at one point show the checkboxes again so I could (in theory) remove a bunch a plugins but I chickened out and left them all checked.  Anyways...

Earlier response 10/3/2022 6:30pm Hawaii time (which looks like the usual precautions and options)

If you are going to uninstall just a few modules, you can safely do it by just going to your Control Panel's remove program. Once the uninstall is complete, you will need to run the Configuration Wizard (it should run automatically). Running the configuration wizard will let the database know that a product has been uninstalled and will remove unneccessarry data and dependecies on the tables of the database.
    Note : Before starting any work on your environment, please ensure that you have a recent backup of your Orion server and database. More information here.
    The pollers are also affectedd if you uninstall a module on the Main Poller, you need to run the APE installer again (Settings>All Settings>Polling Engines should give you a link for this installer) and run the Configuration Wizard as well on the APEs.
    Also to remove the licenses , you may check Remove expired Orion product evaluation from License Manager (solarwinds.com)
    Please note that we do not provide standby support, pre-flight check, or assisted upgrades on a remote session. See working with support article here.

Later support response 10/4/2022 3:46 am Hawaii time (much different)

Regarding the removal of unlicensed products, starting in SolarWinds Observability, you can no longer remove an unlicensed product that is installed together with the Observability installer. For example, VMAN and IPAM are included in the installer so you won't see them under Programs and Features.
    Virtualization Manager 2022.3 Release Notes (solarwinds.com)
    SolarWinds Platform 2022.3 Release Notes
    This way, you can easily test out other modules by activating an evaluation license.

I'm probably going to leave my Solarwinds Observability alone for the time being... 

Children
No Data