This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

2 questions. 1) Is Solarwinds Observability 2022.3 (from windows control panel) equal to Solarwinds HCO 2022.3? 2) Is it possible to remove the installed DPAIM, VNQM, Cloud Monitoring, IPAM, SRM, SCM that I wasn't licensed for but got installed?

For #2 I got the extra stuff installed because I left all the checkboxes selected during the upgrade. I get that it  make it easy to trial more stuff, but it makes my installation more complex - ie. I had to configure a couple new databases - log and netflow.  I only have a simple SAM + VMAN installation.  

As a side note, the upgraded Solarwinds fixed an issue I had with a manual/remote agent (exception stops/uninstalls the agent) which was a good thing for me.

Parents
  • They cover it here SolarWinds Platform 2022.3 Release Notes

Looks like you need to have all three DB's in place now to do an install. Know this beforehand - before trying an install or upgrade.

The install is still in 2 parts. Part 1 removes previous code and puts the new code in place. Part 2 is where you get asked SQL info and everything gets configured.

If you got part 2 and don't have the other databases ready you are going to get stuck. 

• They cover it here SolarWinds Platform 2022.3 Release Notes

Looks like you need to have all three DB's in place now to do an install. Know this beforehand - before trying an install or upgrade.

The install is still in 2 parts. Part 1 removes previous code and puts the new code in place. Part 2 is where you get asked SQL info and everything gets configured.

If you got part 2 and don't have the other databases ready you are going to get stuck. 

Children
  • Also another note on something I ran into for the first time: When trying to mount the ISO Windows may now block executables that were downloaded form the internet. The ISO just spins and nothing happens. If this happens right click on the ISO then Properties then click Unblock

• Thanks bobmarley.  I should've looked at the release notes better :(.  I was ready for the uninstall/reinstall since it happened for my prior upgrade to the current 2020.2.6.  When I got to part 2 in the setup wizard, I had to enter SQL administrator creds to allow the log and netflow databases to be created.  I think it allowed switching back to the default Solarwinds user account for the Solarwinds connectivity to those databases, so was able to proceed/complete the upgrade.

• Thanks for the heads up. I will re-read the notes about those extra dbs. I dont use log analyzer, so that will be the new one. I glanced at the readme files, and realized that 'all' modules are there; waiting to be tested or licensed. I didnt think about creating new databases or catch any notes about them. GAH! There were a few other gotchas I did notice - depending on which modules that you use. As i start the upgrade change documentation I may need to create a post about them. 

• Kind of like having a gopher hole in a soccer field, someone's going to trip in it.