Is it possible to host EOC with Additional Webserver (AWS)

Are we able to use SolarWinds additional web servers for our EOC website? Most users will be directed to the EOC site instead of a solarwinds instance site directly, so it would make sense for us to put the additional webserver into our EOC site. Does EOC provide this capability? 

• Yes, you can add additional web servers to EOC. Depending on what licensing you currently have they would cost extra.

• thanks for the response, i opened a case with solarwinds also and they told me this is not possible. Have you deployed this before or do you work for SolarWinds?

Case # - 01310320
    Greetings.

My apologies for taking so long to reply.

I understand you are looking to get an AWS but for the EOC site.

After carrying out some research with respect to this feature, we don't currently support this or EOC doesn't provide this capability.

Furthermore, I'll like to ask if this could be raised as a feature request.

Waiting to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
    Cedric Akiumbeni

• , I do work for SolarWinds but in a non-support role. I have EOC running in a lab so i spun up a fresh VM and I was successfully able to add an additional web server to it.

You can find the web server installer by logging into your EOC web console and navigating to Settings > All Settings > Web Console Settings. You'll see a 'download installer now' button in the upper right corner of the screen. Transfer that installer to another Windows server that you want to stand up as an additional web server and follow the installation prompts.

Depending on your licensing it might require an additional web server(s) license.

On another note, i've bubbled this up internally to update our documentation and Support procedures.

• I kinda agree with support on this one.  EOC and AWS is pretty similar.  In theory this could work, but since they are very similar, they would be using the same ports and services that can interfere with each other.  This could work as stated by Chad but this will need more testing.

• From past experience I can say this definitely worked for me when I used it for a customer environment around 2018.  I was in contact with them often for about a year and nobody ever had a problem related to this scenario. 

I will mention that this client got a similar response as you did,  officially I wouldn't call it a "supported config" in that nobody at SW HQ ever got around to testing it so they aren't willing to come out and say it will work.  They tend to be pretty cautious about what they claim in their official capacity. Regardless, it worked fine at that time. Haven't checked on it in a while so ymmv.

• We do in production.

The main EOC we have a name we will call it manager.  The users go to say EOC.FQDN.  This is for  us a series of Additional web servers behind  load balancing.  We add AWS as needed.  Licenses are cheap comparatively speaking.  This boosted our performance significantly.  Our environment it made sense for the split the way we do the work load of who can make changes and who is read only and things of that nature.

• Hi  

So if we need to add AWS to the EOC Architecture, Do we need to add it to distribute the load in the EOC Webconsole level or Do we add to distribute load between different Solarwinds Instance website level?

What is the most possible solution that we can implement when we need to support EOC with AWS?

• What we learned in our configuration was we have different types of users. For simplicity I will break into 3 categories:

1. 100% read only.  (majority of users)

2. Extremely limited write, IE, maybe close alerts, or approve NCM etc. (small amount)

3. 100% write capabilities:  Full Admin ( a few).

The load on the system is different.  user group 1 and 2 can handle 25-40 users per web.  User group 3 No more than 10.

So we put AWSs for EOC behind a load balancer, and add as needed so that its one alias.

User group 3 is managed by common sense of the admins.

Our case the performance hit came from the EOC itself.  However, in my mind I have toyed with the idea of putting our heaviest used site behind a load balancer (LB) with AWS and have the EOC connect that way.  My fear is having the LB taking down a site and adding the latency in.  We have not had to test it yet, but I can see that test down the road, in the next year or so.+- of course as my crystal ball is cracked.