This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Socket connection error

Has anyone seen this error, if so, what was root cause or solution?

Error: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '01:00:00'.

I am using EOC 1.2 sp1. Thanks

• David, I have seen this after a refresh, or when I navigate to the page or sometimes when I restart services. In other words it is random.

In my case EOC and SQL are on seperate systems.

I have applied the latest performance files provided by Matthew Harvey but this did not change this issue one way or the other. (It did improve my overal UI performance however - thank you!)

• Mine is random as well. My db is on a remote machine.

• Can one or both of you look for errors in the log files that are in the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\InformationService

The errors in there should explain what the reason for the timeout was, hopefully.

Thanks,
    David

• Hi guys - could you open a support ticket on this? It's really important that we track errors so we can solve them in the product and you don't have random recurring problems. 

• One of my EOC's just flipped out but I think it was due to the fact that I changed the Time Zone from GMT and Change with Daylight Savings Time to GMT and Change with NO Daylight Savings Time.

In the 'Global Node Status' I see this error:

The resource threw an exception:
    The socket connection was aborted. This could
    be caused by an error processing your
    message or a receive timeout being exceeded
    by the remote host, or an underlying network
    resource issue. Local socket timeout was '01:00:00'

No errors in the log files. :(

• Ever get a resolution to this? I was about to run a config change template and received this error too "The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '01:00:00'."

As I was going through the process of selecting the nodes I wanted to run my change template on etc I came across this error, specifically when I came to the page where I needed to define variables I pressed the next button and up came this error message, I had ran this template before without a problem. The only difference in this situation being that this morning I ran a database shrink on my Network Confiuration database? I can't see why this would be a problem? Any ideas?