This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Request timed out - again

I am about to give up on EOC altogether....

I 'frequently' get the 'Request timed out' errors on my web console. I thought it was due to a server which was co-hosting other non-Solarwinds applications so I moved it to a dedicated server meeting or exceeding the specs and is only running EOC. It is running SQL 2005 Standard.

I just got it reloaded after some major effort and while waiting and waiting for a screen to may or may not display I frequently will get the above error. Sometimes if I hit refresh or click on another menu bar link it may or may not display the page.

What can I do to fix this? We are supposed to be rolling this out as our enterprise view and so far I have no faith in the product. If I roll out what I have I will probably be shot...

Thoughts or constructive advice welcomed.

Parents
  • Is this happening on a certain page or on all pages?  If it is happening on a certain page which resources are on that page?

Have you contacted our support about this issue?  If so, what is your case # and I'll try to help you out.

• Normally it is on my home page which has 3 columns arranged like:

Site1 Global Node Status                Network Map                       Global All Applications
    Site2 Global Node Status                Global Down Nodes             Global Nodes with High CPU Load
                                                           Global Active Alerts

I created a similar view which is a link on the menu bar and when I click on it it gives me the error as well. It is layed out like:

Critical Node Status                        Network Map                       Network Map
                                                                                                       Application Status

I currently have 4 Orion servers added to EOC - distributed across the US.

• Did you get this fixed. I am getting Request Timed out website error's frequently. I have 3 environments(Seperate NPM's and SQL servers) and all rolled up to EOC. Last week i shutdown EOC and the issue did not occur over the weekend. I restarted EOC yesterday and this morning i had teh error on all 3 environments.

• If I understood it correctly, when you turn your EOC on, you can see Request Timeout errors on your NPM servers? If so, I propose to open a support ticket for this.

Thanks

Jan

• Did you ever get resolution for "Request timed out" error? I am having the same issue and I can't seem to get this resolved

Reply Children