This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

World Map drill down and pass-through authentication

Thwacksters and  Jeff,

I have installed EOC 2020.2 with the Orion hotfix, and started experimenting with the World(wide) Map view to present groups throughout our enterprise environment (worldwide government).  I have multiple sites, all configured to pass-through the authentication, and drill down from alerts works Great!  Thank you!  However, in drilling down to the site from the World Map, the pass-through uses the designated site registration account. In accordance with the documentation, the site registration account needs to be an admin.  This could have drastic impact.

I would think that all widgets and view/dashboard devices would call the same authentication API. 

Is this a bug or have I missed a configuration item?

Parents
  •  - just to clarify - when you say site, are these the Groups you added to the WorldWide Map? Is it only from the WorldWide Map Widget, or if you go to Enterprise Groups in EOC and just try to access one of those groups, are you seeing expected behavior? Have you thought about using Orion Maps to mimic this? Is that exhibiting the same behavior? Just want to be sure I understand the exact scenario you are seeing.

• Jeff ,

After validating the "pass-through authentication" credentials were set on each site, and choosing "logout" for all connections, and clearing browser cache, and closing the browser, reopening and retrying the tests appear to be successful (for my login).

I will continue to watch this as I build objects in EOC 2020.2 and test drill-down.

Thanks for pushing me through the troubleshooting!

v/r, Chip Miller

• Jeff ,

After validating the "pass-through authentication" credentials were set on each site, and choosing "logout" for all connections, and clearing browser cache, and closing the browser, reopening and retrying the tests appear to be successful (for my login).

I will continue to watch this as I build objects in EOC 2020.2 and test drill-down.

Thanks for pushing me through the troubleshooting!

v/r, Chip Miller

Children
No Data