This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EOC new install. No data from servers

Hi all,

I just did an install of EOC on one of our two solarwinds servers.

Added the two servers, did an test, ok for both.

But i see no data in EOC.

Any sugestion where I should look at?

Is there anything to do on the NPM/NTA servers that needs to be configured?

Jan

Parents
  • Did you ever find a resolution to this?  I was curious because I am running into something similar.  When first installing EOC everything appeared to be working for about a day. I then starting getting a message "EOC could not find any valid SolarWinds Server logon credentials for this account. Please update your Solarwinds Server login"  I would then click the message it would take me to the update credentials part, I would just hit submit not changing anything, I would then see my server, but it only stays for 2mins then back to the message again.

• The solarwinds support was saying that the EOC should not be on the same server as the NPM.

So I uninstalled it and haven't install it yet on an new server.

• Indeed janroc​! The entire purpose of EOC is to display results from multiple, geographically diverse, locations.

Hence it is not recommended to install EOC on a NPM server that you intend to view the results from, using EOC emoticons_happy.png

Use cases generally are for MSP's who's clients have to have their own instance, usually because APE's are still prohibitively expensive to deploy. The MSP NOC has visibility of EOC, which in turn is configured to connect to the different client Orion servers.

Things to remember when checking if the relevant ports are open between EOC and the target Orion server(s):

EOC.jpg

EOC needs to be able to access the remote Orion server via TCP 17777 to be able to display the remote instance's results. Port 80 is needed so that the remote Orion Web Console can be shown to users when a link is clicked within EOC.

• So really if you have your own NOC and are  not a MSP you wouldnt need EOC, or is there still advantages?

For example we have our NPM and SAM servers segregated. Would EOC help us to bring them together to one view?

I've been told if I integrate the 2 servers now I would lose my legacy data.

• tweeks​, that would be a genuine use case for EOC, yes. I'm guessing you had one product, and for some reason decided to deploy the other separately, rather than punching holes through the network (before agents were a thing)?

There might be something you could do to merge the data, but it would be messy, and not 100% guaranteed to work. It would involve putting SAM on your NPM server, and utilizing the SDK to script the merging of the two databases, importing the legacy SAM table information into NPM. As the NodeIDs will be different, this would have to be done one at a time, and would be a real pain in the rear, and extremely complicated (plus the version of SAM you install originally would have to match, and NPM would have to be of a version that is compatible with the SAM version to boot!). On second thoughts, forget I mentioned this possibility! emoticons_happy.png

You'd be better off deactivating the SAM license on the old server, but keeping the install as is (it'd effectively run without a license, but you should be able to report on the data etc)  and moving it over to the NPM server. You'd be able to report on all the old data, but new polling would be done from the combined server, after you've added any missing nodes, and redone the application template assignments.

• Thanks for this... just what I needed.

Reply Children
No Data