This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Filtering OOTB Capacity Reports

Hello every one.

I am the Capacity Process manager, along with SolarWinds tool administrator for our agency.

I am needing a capacity forecast report for different IT services in my department. i.e. IT Software deployment Service, IT Access Management Service, IT Backup and Delivery Service, IT Email and Messaging service... theres a couple more.

I already have groups created for each of the services, and have placed the servers that are owned by those services, in their respective groups. (this is just for visual organization, and easy searching)

I also created a custom property called "IT_Service" which then has drop down options in the property for each independent service in our agency. So when a server is created, I can go to the custom property section, and select the group that owns the server I just added.

I would like to send a capacity forecast to each IT Service, but can figure out how to "filter" the resource to get the results I need. It gives an example of "Nodes.City = 'Atlanta'" if I added a custom property named "city" and had it as atlanta. basically what I have is the exact same thing, except I have drop downs for the property vs. just entering in the service manually each time (I did this to prevent typos, different variations of typing out teams, etc)

How do I filter it to have my custom property for IT_Service to get the results I need ?

If someone could help me on this small piece I can get the rest of the report built, ive got a good idea of what needs to happen. I just cant figure out how to manipulate the data, to get the results that I need.

hopefully this all made sense.