This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EOC Pass through Authentication

So when setting up a new user for EOC,  there is a place to specify the account for Orion Instance 1 and Orion Instance 2.   All of these user accounts are AD accounts.  So these accounts will change their password every 60 days.   My question is,   If the username and password are the same on EOC as the other two orion instances is there no way to pass the user name and password that you used to log into EOC automatically to the orion instances?

Parents
  • I have done some testing and it looks to me like there is no way to automatically pass through the credentials so that leaves you with two terrible options

1. Insert the user credentials into the EOC Settings section of the user setup

However now the admin knows the users AD credentials

And the user has to come type them in every time they change their password

2. Use a generic account to access the individual Orion instances

Now all alerts acknowledged are acknowledged by the generic user

Now when you launch into the orion instance you get logged in as the generic user

• I have done some testing and it looks to me like there is no way to automatically pass through the credentials so that leaves you with two terrible options

1. Insert the user credentials into the EOC Settings section of the user setup

However now the admin knows the users AD credentials

And the user has to come type them in every time they change their password

2. Use a generic account to access the individual Orion instances

Now all alerts acknowledged are acknowledged by the generic user

Now when you launch into the orion instance you get logged in as the generic user

Children