This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trouble showing node information in EOCv2 view

I'm having problems any resources that show any details (besides alerts) from my Orion sites.  For instance, resources like "All Nodes", "Nodes not Up" and any of the "Top XX" don't show up in the EOC views.  Seems like EOC is not collecting some (or most) data from my 3 Orion sites (all sites are showing up and online).

Anyone else having this issue with EOC v2?

Parents Reply
  • Are these two views the only ones available for EOC 2.0?

Are we losing all of the standard views that were available in the previous versions?

Top 10, Utilization, Nodes Down, Solarwinds Servers, etc.

Do ALL of these now have to be built manually with Custom Tables?

I have this version in my dev environment, and I'm trying to work with it to get it to the level my other 2 EOC installations are at, but I am having a hard time due to so much functionality not present.

I have a case open with support, but it seems the three people I went through do not understand the issue.

pastedImage_0.png

Children
  • Some of the EOC 1.6 View Resources:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

• Have you had a chance to review the posts I added to this thread? 

UNDERSTANDING CHANGES IN EOC 2.0 - The Enterprise Summary View

UNDERSTANDING CHANGES IN EOC 2.0 - The Enterprise Maps View

These posts walk through some of the changes and differences between the two versions.  Let me also add some context to your questions. 

Are these two views the only ones available for EOC 2.0?

A:  The 3 menu items, Enterprise Summary, Enterprise Maps, & Performance Analysis, are the default views available to users.  Additional views can be created and added to the menu bar similar to a standard Orion Instance. 

Are we losing all of the standard views that were available in the previous versions?

A:  The views have changed.  Based on feedback from the user community, there was not a lot of value seen from the manner in which EOC 1.6.3 provided information.  The majority of the resources were transferred to reports.  Was there a particular view or set of resources you found to be ideal?  Do you have examples of some of your dashboards that are important in how you function with EOC?

Top 10, Utilization, Nodes Down, SolarWinds Servers, etc.

Do ALL of these now have to be built manually with Custom Tables?

A:  There is no general Top XX resource available, but it is something on the EOC - What We Are Working On - SEP 2017  - You can build top xx resources using custom charts or tables.  The feedback we received from users is that many of their top xx pages tended to look like the following example and users typically became numb to the data that was represented.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

The Tiles can be used to highlight status form almost any entity in Orion such as:

• Applications
    • Components
    • Groups
    • Interfaces
    • IP SLA Operations
    • LUNs
    • NAS Volumes
    • Nodes
    • WPM Player locations
    • Pools
    • Ports
    • Providers
    • Storage Arrays
    • Transactions
    • Virtual Clusters
    • Virtual Datacenters
    • Virtual Hosts
    • Virtual Machines
    • VCenter Servers
    • Volumes
    • And more...

This should make it easy to see which entity is in which state and allow for quick investigation vs scrolling through massive lists, or trying to see if something critical has been bubbled up in a Top XX.  Hopefully this helps.  Please let me know if you have further questions.