This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EOC 2.0 report preview crashes all Orion instances

Case#00042056.  Latest and greatest version of all modules.  Loading a report preview (not a fully fledged report... which never finishes anyway) for SAM metrics within EOC against 3 separate Orion environments spins for about 20-30 minutes before all connected Orion instances become unresponsive, throw out errors, and/or are missing menus.  Orion instances only recoverable via reboot of main polling engines.  EOC is also only recoverable following reboot.  Can be reproduced every time.  All info provided to support.  Just a caution...

Parents
  • cory.cousins - Thank you for sharing.  What version of EOC are you running in this scenario?  Just to clarify, the report you are attempting to run is against a set of servers and a particular performance counter at 1hr intervals for a 24hr time period?  You state that this report runs without issue on the local instance, but when running the report from EOC, you have experienced the issue you have mentioned?

I assume you are running an older version of EOC as you indicated you were unable to find diagnostics.  In EOC 2.0, the Diagnostics are captured in the exact same manner as your remote instances.   

• We're running EOC 2.0, which was installed on Jan 4th, 2018 through the falcon installer downloaded on the same day.  I downloaded the latest falcon installer this morning (to avoid known issues with older falcon installers) and checked for updates.  To my surprise, HF4 was available for Orion Platform 2017.3.  Applied the HF, but it didn't solve anything.  EOC still crashes our Orion environments on demand.

• With EOC 2.0, the diagnostics are able to be captured in the same manner a remote instance is.  Please be sure to upload those to the case.  By crashing on demand, you mean when executing the report you attempted to run previously, correct?  And to clarify further, this issue is only occurring if attempting to "preview" the report after making changes?  It is not occurring by simply running the report?

• The diagnostics will be uploaded as soon as they finish.  Yes, this only happens during the preview phase while editing/creating the report.  If you simply run a finished report, it just runs for hours and hours and never returns a single result, but at least it doesn't crash the connected Orion instances.

• Upgraded to EOC 2.1 this morning.  Now staring at at this error message or similar messages when attempting to access various sections of the web console.  On hold waiting for a support resource to troubleshoot.

pastedImage_1.png

• Can you clarify which specific views you are seeing this error message.  And if there are other views you are seeing a slightly different error message, please also clarify that information as well.  Also provide the case number that is opened with support. 

• Happens when you go to home page.  There are no menus, but you can use the search function to navigate to a working page where the menus appear again. 

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

All of the menus lead to the error message above... reports, settings, etc.

Been on hold for 55 minutes now waiting for a resource.  Hanging up to open a case via customer portal when I have more time.

• I just did the upgrade, All went well, no errors. In total, took about an hour. However I have the same issue as Cory.Cousins. Unexpected Website Error - The Settings Property 'EOC.SummaryViewID' was not found.

If I click 'Return to Home' or the Link in the top left, I get this error.
    I can not get to any of the EOC Screens, including the settings, or the reports.I've also tried this on the local server, on via my own machine.

• rfackrell​ - generate a support case please and upload diags.  Then of course post your support case here. 

• Case # 00141619
    Just Pending a LeapFile to submit the Diagnostics.
    ​Thanks!

• cory.cousins and rfackrell - It sounds like we were able to identify a bug in the RC and were able to provide a workaround for this issue.  Please let me know if you see any other issues.  We should be able to address this prior to GA.  I appreciate both of you sharing your findings. 

Reply Children
  • Yup.
    So just for the general info and for anyone who might find it useful...
    The Developer I worked with had me log in as the 'admin' account instead of our AD Account, and It loaded just fine.
    He then had me delete the follow from the 'View Types' Section of the EOC Webiste config file (default)under inetpub->SolarWinds->EOC->eoc.config :

<type name="EOCSummary" pagePath="/Orion/SummaryView.aspx" userProperty="SummaryViewID"

description="@{R=Core.Strings;K=CFGDATA_TM0_25;E=xml}" friendlyName="@{R=Core.Strings;K=CFGDATA_TM0_24;E=xml}" /> 

then restart IIS, It is now working.

Got to Say jblankjblank​, I'm really liking the revisions. Especially the separated resources, and the ability to customize the enterprise summary. I like the last enterprise Summary, but it was a lot of change. And when the 24/7 NOC is used to seeing something one way, the don't particularly like seeing it change.
    I really think this will help get general adoption rates up, and let me release this into our production a lot quicker, and with less questions/grumbling.