This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Active Directory credentails not passing EOC to NPM server; why?

Hey Thwack community,

I'm having an issue when I'm logged on to Sunspot and I click on an alert that from either Chinook, Seahawk, or Jetranger server, that should take me to the server site.  When I click on the alert I should be taken to the serve the alert is for with no issues but instead I'm being logged out and asked to input my password again.

Does anyone know the reasoning for this or have an idea on how to fix this?

Parents
  • aLTeReGo you've were an awesome help to me with my last issue, by chance would you have any idea with this issue I'm facing?

• Are your credentials automatically passed transparently by your browser to EOC the same credentials that you use to log into your machine?  If so, then you're likely using Internet Explorer with Windows Integrated Authentication. This requires that your machine and the host running EOC be joined to the same Active Directory domain, or at least a trust established between those two domains.

Am I close? Are the Orion server in the same domain as the EOC? Do they also have Windows Integrated Authentication enabled?

• aLTeReGo the account that this is happening on is a direct SolarWinds account.  It's not the same account that is used to log into the machine with.  I don't know if that makes a difference?

• bmrad‌ can clarify if needed, but I don't believe EOC passes your credentials you used to authenticate to EOC to then connect to to Orion. You must use Windows Integrated pass-through authentication or enter your credentials manually for that session into the forms based authentication.

• bmrad‌ can clarify if needed, but I don't believe EOC passes your credentials you used to authenticate to EOC to then connect to to Orion. You must use Windows Integrated pass-through authentication or enter your credentials manually for that session into the forms based authentication.

Children
No Data