Running DPA as a container?

Greetings.  Has anybody run Solarwinds DPA as a container? 

I see the following dockerfile examples at https://github.com/solarwinds/containers/tree/master/dpa, which seem to demonstrate a docker container.  The build step would download the install software, unzip/untar, then run the installer into /app.

The end results seems to be a directory installation /app/dpa_12_1_701.

However, I would want to persist the data to some volume , so we can restart the container if needed and not lose data.  Are there any references to what sub-directories I should be mapping volumes to?  Should I just be mapping the volume to the head of the tree, ie. "/app"?

docker run -d  -p 8123:8123  -p 8124:8124 --name=dpa  --volume=/myvolumes/dpa_data/app:/app  dpa:0.1

Parents
  • There are two sets of information to consider (1) DPA configuration, log files, etc. (2) DPA Repository Database.  

For #1, I would suggest having the DPA installation directory mapped to persistent storage volumes (e.g. /app/dpa_12_1_701). Also there are configuration options to locate some information stores in different locations than the default such as the FindSQL search index data store. If you locate those elsewhere, they should also be mapped to a persistent storage location. 

For #2, I suggest not having the DPA repository in the same container - make it external and you can use DB specific containers or non-containers for that database type. 

• There are two sets of information to consider (1) DPA configuration, log files, etc. (2) DPA Repository Database.  

For #1, I would suggest having the DPA installation directory mapped to persistent storage volumes (e.g. /app/dpa_12_1_701). Also there are configuration options to locate some information stores in different locations than the default such as the FindSQL search index data store. If you locate those elsewhere, they should also be mapped to a persistent storage location. 

For #2, I suggest not having the DPA repository in the same container - make it external and you can use DB specific containers or non-containers for that database type. 

Children
No Data