This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DameWare Remote Support Passing client name to MRC

In our current install, which is standalone clients licensed, right-click on the target, choose Remote Control, Mini Remote Control.  That opens MRC, and passes the target hostname into MRC and we get on with business.

I am working on getting the Centralized version of DRS setup, and this doesn't work now. Once the target is chosen, MRC opens but no target is populated, I have to pick the target I wanted from the list  on the right-hand pane. 

How do I fix this? Is there an option or setting I'm missing in DRS or in MRC that allows for a double-click of the target and the remote session just starts? This right-click, remote control, mini-remote control sub-context menu thing is annoying and slow. 

Thanks for helping if you can.

• Hi Paul,

I had the exact same issue after an upgrade of DRS -standalone, though.
    No idea whether it's luck or a workaround concerning a bug, but what solved my issues was:

• In DRS, go to view -> Properties
    • On the Remote Control tab, select 'Attempt to Connect' (and Reuse any MRC Window that is not busy"
    • Try again to connect to a client, the fields were pre-filled in MRC when I tried.

Funny enough, unchecking the "Attempt to Connect" and "Reuse..." did not change the outcome, ever since I did the first few steps. DRS and MRC work "like before".

Hope it works for you too, it definitely was an unpleasant surprise after the update. 

• Thank you . That seems to have worked.