Announcing SolarWinds Dameware 12.2.2 is now Generally Available!
We would like to announce the general availability of Dameware version 12.2.2. This release contains following new features and improvements
- Dameware 12.2.2 introduces a modern and secure solution for storing credentials
- Exported host lists can now contain credentials
- This version initiates a new backup functionality when you upgrade to the most recent version of Dameware
- MSI can again be extracted and used to install Dameware
- There is now a user password prompt to establish access for the encryption backup file
- Dameware user passwords are hashed with a NIST-approved secure hashing that also aligns with FIPS 202
Dameware Mini Remote Control (MRC) 12.2.2 features security improvements to the saved hosts protection mechanism. As a result, you must back up your MRC registry settings and saved hosts from your previous Dameware version(s). See Back up Dameware Mini Remote Control settings and hosts during upgrade to version 12.2.2 for additional information.
Due to improved security standards, Dameware 12.2.2 is not compatible with agent versions earlier than Dameware 12.2. Agents must be removed and version 12.2.2 installed again through the application or re-installed via the agent installer.