Has anyone had any luck deploying software through a script? It would be cool if you could upload a software installer and have the script deploy it to the endpoint computer.
We use Altiris to deploy it silently using the /S and /R switches for the Agent install.
I believe you can enable remote access to run a script on it through PowerShell. However, that is a little above my head and you may want to Google around for it.
A possible scripting alternative using a batch file (Windows only):
1) Set up a shared folder that all users within your company can get read access to.
2) Drop the Agent exe file there.
3) Create and save a .bat file with the following modified for your environment:
\\servername\folder\DRE_Agent.exe /S /R
4) Right-click on the bat file > Properties > Shortcut tab > change Run: to Minimized.
6) You could either zip the bat file up and email it to users or do a mass copy to their desktops. The install is about 60-90 seconds.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK© online community. More than 180,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process.