i am sorry but i have to say i really expected more from Dameware Centralized Server. I installed the Centralized Server today (no proxy, no gateway), but this tool is just useless in my opinion.
Installation was easy yes, but after an hour i have to say: It is only usefull for centralized license management, thats all! If you have just a few licenses, dont waste your time and manage them manually.
Things i am really missing (and i think i am not alone requesting such features)
- only AD User Import, no real AD integration. Hence you have to manage your users manually.
- no Rights Managment - only admin or no admin
- no centralized config management
- no autologin with DRMC or DRMS
Global host list:
- No rights management (user only should have access to a few hosts / folders)
- no centralized and advanced settings for hosts entries (only connect with RDP to a specific host) settings will be ignored if you connect via DRMC
- its just a list of your favourites, not more not less.
Is there a wishlist for product improvement? When is the next update planned?