This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

restrict IT engineers to change "configure" in dameware mini remote control

how to restrict IT engieneers to open View\Default Host Properties\Install Options\Configure in dameware mini remote control

Parents
  • This is something I have a ticket in for.  I have IT Techs that can change settings on the Install Service option.  This allows them to bypass the MSI I created to prompt a remote user authentication. It worries me that I can't stop any of my guys from changing the DWRCS.reg file.  There should be an elevated command which allows the disabling of features on a global level. 

Or maybe this does exist?  If there is, I haven't found it yet.

• Here is the answer from Solarwinds:

"Hi William,

Thank you for contacting SolarWinds Technical Support. My name is Albert and I will be working on this case with you.

Unfortunately, the ability to restrict current user of MRC to install or modify agent service is not available. It is not included in the features of Mini Remote Control."

So there you have it, only permissions you can control are those handled by Windows Permissions.  I guess you can restrict access to that location on the pc to prevent the user from making configuration changes.  The DWRCS seems to be the config file to worry about.

• I am replying to this post from 2017 because I am having the same issue.  Is there any new solutions for this concern or are the only options that remain are to try to restrict the DWRCS.reg file on the IT Engineer computers and try to restrict the registry key on all end user computers? emoticons_plain.png

• I am replying to this post from 2017 because I am having the same issue.  Is there any new solutions for this concern or are the only options that remain are to try to restrict the DWRCS.reg file on the IT Engineer computers and try to restrict the registry key on all end user computers? emoticons_plain.png

Children
No Data