This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

View scheduled tasks of all users

Hello,

as an administrator I can see the scheduled tasks of all ARM users.

Dataowner cannot see the tasks of other users.

Is there a switch to allow dataowner to see all scheduled tasks as well?

There is a two year old feature request about this which is probably not implemented anymore:
thwack.solarwinds.com/.../permission-to-view-scheduled-or-finished-tasks

Kind regards
Jonas

Parents
  • Hi Jonas,

I guess there is still no way to configure it. But can you share the use case that dataowner should see them? Is that for helpdesk member or real dataowner? What you could to is to generate a HTML Report that shows all the task. Would that helpful for you?

ATB

Mike

• Hi Mike,

yes, we use one of the dataowner roles for our helpdesk.

It often happens that tasks are scheduled for a later date.
    For example, when an employee changes departments for the next month, various changes to the AD object are scheduled.

Unfortunately, only the helpdesk user who scheduled the tasks can see them.
    To avoid overlaps or errors, it would be helpful if all helpdesk users could see the scheduled tasks.

An HTML report would only be useful if it is always up-to-date.
    Is there a way that the helpdesk (dataowner role) can generate this report on its own?

Kind regards
    Jonas

• Hi Jonas,

I would implement such request with open order template or with a scheduled task. The open order template could send the report via Mail or could show the Link in the "request" data within the Web. With the scheduled task you can run the task every 5 Minutes and save the file in the storage, where the helpdesk can access to.

The even more complicated way is to get all the data from the database. Therefore I need addtional time for investigating.

ATB

Mike

• I'm afraid I have to ask: How is the report generated in the first place?

In the ARM web interface via "Analyze" it is possible to generate a task overview, but here only tasks are taken into account which were executed / scheduled via the web interface.

Since we primarily work with the fat client, this report is not very helpful.

• Hi Jonas,

in the rich client I don't see any chance to solve that with a workaround and you only can vote for a feature request. Since SW strategy is to move everything to the Web Client, we train our customers, that helpdesk is using the Web Interface too. But I know a change process is not very easy and the rich client has a lot of features which the web client does not have.

I understand your use case to avoid duplicated work. Maybe one workaround could help. You can enter additional logbook entries manually to an object. Maybe you can train your help desk, to enter the information there too? Then the next help desk user can check on the user or group, is there any action planned.

Unfortunately, there is no WebApi call which we can use for automate. 

Maybe we can have a telephone call to discuss a solution for you, if you like? Are you from Germany?

ATB

Mike

• Hi Jonas,

in the rich client I don't see any chance to solve that with a workaround and you only can vote for a feature request. Since SW strategy is to move everything to the Web Client, we train our customers, that helpdesk is using the Web Interface too. But I know a change process is not very easy and the rich client has a lot of features which the web client does not have.

I understand your use case to avoid duplicated work. Maybe one workaround could help. You can enter additional logbook entries manually to an object. Maybe you can train your help desk, to enter the information there too? Then the next help desk user can check on the user or group, is there any action planned.

Unfortunately, there is no WebApi call which we can use for automate. 

Maybe we can have a telephone call to discuss a solution for you, if you like? Are you from Germany?

ATB

Mike

Children
No Data