This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

group wizard list create

As I have been creating ARM groups via the wizard, it does not seem to auto create the "list view / traverse" groups.  If I add a user to a nested folder, the user can not "click through" to that directory.  I'm not sure what I am missing.

• I think I've figured out what I misunderstood.  ARM will not create the list/traverse group at the "root share" (level 0).  the user needs to have access to the root share first to "click through"  

Found this in the documentation:

"Level 0

Level 0 is the shared folder (share level). This folder is visible to users based on share rights. An assignment of list rights on this level is not required.

green levels

ARM creates list groups for every level. The access rights groups become members of list groups.

blue levels

ARM does not create list groups for these levels. Access groups are provisioned by entering list rights directly into the Access Control List (ACL). This way overall less groups are created and Kerberos token size is minimized. On the other hand more ACL entries are required which may cause file server performance issues."