This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New group created with _1

Hi

This issue is linked to this one I think : thwack.solarwinds.com/.../after-arm-group-is-created-it-is-not-set-on-the-folder

When I want to set new right on folder, ARM creates a new group with _1 at the end, instead of using the one that already exists

is there a way to tell ARM to use the already created one ?

Maybe using the description field ?

Parents Reply Children
  • No didn't

but this issue is related to another one : sometimes ntfs right can't be set on shares from a synology nas through dfs. So arm group is created but not set to folder. when I then try to add new right to folder, arm recreate a new group, with _1 even if there is another one existing with the right ARM description field

• This doesn't matter. The "issue" with _1 group creation is totally correct if there isn't a arm group set on this specific folder. So ARM has to create a permission group regardless if there exists one in the AD.

• Did you check the arm server log for errors when you encounter this issue?

• In some circumstances, it does matter.
    Example:

I create a group named "Test" via the ARM Group Wizard, which assigns read rights to the resource "Resource1".

The description field of the group "Test" says something like "8man://lD//\<path>//<somekindofID>".

If I give another person read permissions on "Resource1" now, this person will be assigned to the group "Test" by the ARM.
    So far everything is correct.

But if I empty the description field of group "Test" and then give another person read permissions on "Resource1", the ARM creates a new group "Test_1".
    This is probably because without the description "8man://lD//\<path>//<somekindofID>", the ARM doesn't recognize that it created the group itself, so it creates a new group that is managed by it.

But that's just for information.
    In this case it obviously has nothing to do with it.

• In your case you transfered an ARM managed group to AD group which is not managed by ARM. So the behaviour of ARM is totally correct.