script after group creation

Hello

Will the script be executed also after arm create a group automatically for folder rights ? 

I would need this to set display rights in DFS

Parents
  • Hi msizec,

no unforunately not. There is currently no build in way to combine file server access rights settings (ARM managed groups) with custom scripting. I guess you are searching for an easy way to manage the DFS list groups. The only idea I could give you is to trigger out of box and consider the description field of an ARM managed group. If you are interested in I could give you more insights regards content of description LDAP attribute.

Regards Norbert

• Hi, thanks, yes I wanted to manage dfs liost groups.
    Now I do it manually after the ARM groups are created

You are talking about description attirbute of arm groups ... is there anything useful to knwo about it ?

• Hi,

sorry for the delay. There is a coding inside the LDAP description field on an ARM managed group. It already starts with

"8man://" 

next is the group type and purpose (e.g. lR = local Rights group) could also be u for universal or g for global. A "D" stands for List group purpose

then the directory name (only used for disaster recovery, might be wrong after renaming directory) 

the rest is a bit cryptic and contains a checksum and a GUID for identification (a tag we need to assign a dedicated group to a directory)

PLEASE do not modify this content. It makes the group unusable for ARM.

Regards

Norbert 

• Hi,

sorry for the delay. There is a coding inside the LDAP description field on an ARM managed group. It already starts with

"8man://" 

next is the group type and purpose (e.g. lR = local Rights group) could also be u for universal or g for global. A "D" stands for List group purpose

then the directory name (only used for disaster recovery, might be wrong after renaming directory) 

the rest is a bit cryptic and contains a checksum and a GUID for identification (a tag we need to assign a dedicated group to a directory)

PLEASE do not modify this content. It makes the group unusable for ARM.

Regards

Norbert 

Children
No Data