This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changes to group policies are not logged in some cases

Hello,

I noticed that a change made to a Group Policy object yesterday was not logged in ARM.

In the eventlog of our domain controller I can see the changes.

All in all the logging is working, but now I am concerned that some events are not being logged.

Has anyone had similar experiences or can give me a tip on how to analyze the error more deeply?

Kind regards

Jonas

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Norbert,

in the ARM rich client in the tab "Logbook" you can see "Changes to group policies":

In the right pane you can see more info who adjusted which value in which group policy:

So if I change a group policy in our domain via gpmc.msc, the change is shown here.

I assume that the ARM gets the information from the event logs of the domain controllers.

However, I noticed that at least two changes to group policies were not recorded in the ARM, even though I found an entry for them in the domain controller's event log.
    I need to analyze the problem further myself, but I fear that ARM is not logging everything and I have no idea what could be causing this.

Kind regards

Jonas

• Hi Jonas,

thanks for your detailed answer. If you detect a potential bug in the product please be so kind and contact the Solarwinds support directly. We will then take care of.

Kind regards

Norbert 

• Hello Norbert,

thank you, I will contact the support.

Kind regards

Jonas